Purpose Of The Job:
Take direct responsibility for identifying, acquiring, and building merchant portfolio to ensure respective category(s) development in all major Newegg e-commerce platforms.
- Develop seller acquisition strategy. Attract Anchor partners within the guidance of defined category strategy and roadmap. Recruit potential and appropriate Marketplace sellers by utilizing industry and market knowledge, online research, other marketplace platforms, partner referrals, and cold calls (via telephone) to be onboarded and to sell on Newegg e-commerce platforms.
- Work with Merchandising and Marketing teams to develop key promotional/sales plans with strategic partners that create and drive revenue, traffic and category growth. Work with our key sellers to develop sales plans on our platform. Coordinate promotion plans to include scheduling, identify product focus, seasonality, vehicle planning, traffic and conversion strategy, exposure assessment, and revenue projection. If there are Market Development Funds (MDF) involved, coordinate with our external marketing partners.
- Execute pre-defined category and seller acquisition strategy to maximize revenue, profitability and customer shopping experience. Set seller acquisition targets according to the identified strategy, define their priority, establish the contacts, negotiate terms and conditions, and successfully bring those targeted Sellers on board and start their business on our platform.
- Be a primary contact to serve seller account throughout the onboarding and integration process, and be the person to negotiate and secure deal plus respective inventory for key promotional campaigns, and coordinate Sellers’ marketing campaigns and promotions on Newegg e-commerce platforms. Lead and document the negotiation process, decide on final agreed pricing and product assortment for promotional events with responsibility for sales performance of each promotional events assigned.
- Manage seller’s accounts, be accountable for seller’s performance, including but not limited, seller’s sales development on our platforms, seller’s integration process, order fulfillment processing, void order rate, seller store rating, product selection, product pricing, and content quality overall.
- Be a primary decision maker for managing seller’s day-to-day operation on our platforms, provide necessary guidance and instruction to seller and coordinate support from other Marketplace functional teams. Resolve issues such as but not limited to seller inquiries regarding seller’s day to day operation on our platforms such as sales volume, order volume, ongoing promotions if there is any, issues regarding seller order fulfillment, customer services and how to pull internal resources to deal with those inquires and issues.
- Support Marketplace Domain Head to develop the assigned Category strategy and roadmap that relevant to our core user demographic and correlates with existing strategy of overall Newegg e-commerce platforms.
- Generate annual sales forecast for Marketplace domain.
- Proactively work with Marketplace project managers on B2B and Canada platforms to ensure all of ecommerce sales channels are fully utilized by our key strategic partners/sellers base. Introduce Sellers to on-boarding process and initiate the start of their business on other Newegg channels such as B2B and/or Canada as well as International if those are suitable additional channels for sellers to maximize their revenue.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Requirements & Special Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing required.
- Masters Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- 2 years of work experience in E-commerce-Business Development.
- E-Marketplace industry experience is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in setting sales goals and maximizing profitability.
- Strong knowledge of relevant product industry(ies).
- Strong industry knowledge of marketplace business model.
- Basic understanding of Marketing Principles and Retailing.
- Good understanding of relevant financial reports such as profit and loss reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill is a must.
- Sales oriented presentation skillset and training will be preferred.
- Business acumen, general financial understanding and savvy with statistical analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to build positive working relationships with employees and vendors thru networking.
- Strong communication skills to clearly convey strategy and tactics to the execution part of the organization as well as vendors to sell them on the Newegg story.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and coordination skills.
- Goal oriented and planning driven.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with a positive attitude who is deadline and results oriented.
- Team player adept at working in cross functional environment.
Essential Mental and Physical Functions:
Decisions have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a department. Job may contribute to important strategy, operational, and business decisions that affect the department. This position establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Only the final results of work done are typically reviewed.
Sitting required 90% of the time. Walking and standing required 5% of the time respectively. No heavy lifting required. Constant working on a computer.
Standard office and computer equipment including MSOffice software
Office cubicle environment with minimal exposure to the environment or health hazards.
Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English
Minimal or No travel required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.